Thursday, August 11, 2011

Children.

Most of the people around me knows how much I love children.  An uncle of mine once asked me...

"What are children?"

I was a little stunned for awhile. Dumbfounded. The question seemed so easy but my mind went blank for that split second.  His answer?

"Children - they are gifts from god."

It totally made sense doesn't it.  The very day they were born,  they bring a whole lot of joy to the people around.. They ask the silliest but cutest questions..their innocent laughter is priceless.

Just when I was telling my mum back in June that I was thinking of volunteering or helping out with the CCF,  an important email arrived in mykindofcards inbox. An invitation to take part in the fund raising event for CCF. Coincidence? I'd think God really heard my prayers!

So after a couple of emails and meeting up with the organizers, my partner and I have decided to sell cards on the day itself and hopefully we'll be able to raise more funds for the awesome group of lovely children. I'm pretty excited about it!

Alright details of the event coming up soon in the next post!

Love,
Sheila Jayme


No comments: